Menu

AdSense1

 


A generator repairer, Ayo Abimbola, has stabbed a Lagos estate chief security officer, Tochukwu Ejika, to death with a dagger.

The incident happened in God's Own Estate, Ijanikin, Badagry, Lagos State after Ejika confronted the repairer on his mission in the area.

It was learnt that the suspect, who hails from Ikire, Osun State, on the fateful Saturday night, first hit the deceased with a plank in the head, before stabbing him with a dagger in the head and stomach.

Efforts to save the victim proved abortive as he reportedly gave up soon afterwards.

Policemen from the Ijanikin Division were said to have arrested the suspect and took the corpse of the victim to the mortuary.

Abimbola said his family members were in the village.

He said the deceased had first stabbed him in the right arm with the dagger, before he decided to return the attack.

The suspect said he had visited the estate last week Friday to repair a generator and ask his friend to accommodate him.

He said, “I repair generators for people in that estate and I have been doing the job since 2001. I had stayed in four different apartments but I was sent out of my last apartment because my landlord was always trying to interfere in my personal affair. He always complained that I beat my girlfriend.

“My friend, Olokun, on Friday invited me to repair his generator. I went to his house with some clothes because I planned to beg him to let me stay with him for a few days.

“He was not at home, but I met his wife. After repairing the generator, I dropped the bag there and told his wife to explain to him that I would like to live with them for a while.

“I went back to the area the next day to repair generators for some more people. It was when I finished that I went back to Olokun’s house to know if I could stay with him.”

He said the man's wife paid him ₦500 for his service and told him her husband did not agree to accommodate him in the house.

Abimbola explained that he was not happy with the development but took it in good faith.

He said around 8pm when he approached the estate gate, he was challenged by Ejika, who ordered him to return to where he was coming from.

“I did not know he was the chief security officer and he did not tell me who he was. But when he said I should go back, I decided to approach him and explain what was happening to him. He picked a plank and hit me in the head with it. I dragged the plank from him and stabbed him in the head too.

“He became angry and picked a dagger and stabbed me in the elbow. In annoyance, I seized it from him and struck him in the stomach and he fell down,” he added.

He died afterwards due to the severity of the wound.

It was learnt that some other security officers in the area, who saw the incident, pounced on Abimbola and beat him up.

They were said to have also alerted policemen from the Ijanikin division who arrested the suspect.

A police source said, “The man is not as innocent as he claimed to be. He is one of those terrorising the area.”

The Police Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident, adding that the matter had been transferred to the Department of Criminal Investigation, Panti.

He said, “It happened on May 3. It was reported by a resident of God’s Own Estate. Investigations are ongoing and the suspect is in our custody.”


Credit: The PUNCH


=============================================================
PLACE YOUR TEXT ADVERTS HERE =============================================================
Need Dubai visas (2 weeks or 3 months)? Contact Rukky Travels and Tours on rukkytravels@gmail.com
******************************************************************
Shopify makes it easy to open an online store by providing all the tools and help you need. Click here to try it for free!
******************************************************************
Want An Exotic Car Ride? These Luxury Cars Are Superb. CLICK HERE To Rent One.
******************************************************************

YOU TOO CAN HAVE YOUR TEXT ADVERTS PLACED HERE. CONTACT US AT tnn.ng1@gmail.com FOR AD PLACEMENT DETAILS

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top