Menu

AdSense1

 


Halima Abubakar has been around the movie scene over a decade and at the same time on the pages of newspapers for almost the same length. One could almost state that she achieved fame from both worlds. But then, hardly is there a celebrity whose public image has not been thrown in the good and bad light by the inks or pads of journalists.

It simply comes with the baggage of fame, and of course, of life. But for Halima, whose was born in the ancient city of Kano, it has not been a fun-filled session from the paparrazzi’s clicks and flashes. The multiple award-winning actress, producer, writer, CEO and Peace Ambassador, who reportedly battled depression last year, revealed to Saturday Tribune her winning attitude to cyber bully in 2014.

“Now, I just believe if somebody hits on me on Twitter or Instagram,  they are having a bad day because everybody goes through bad times. There are only very few people who can stay without getting angry with other people when they are angry. When I see somebody saying something to me that does not make sense, I just presume they are either angry, sick, having their period or hungry. So, I have no ill intentions towards anyone,” she said.

“The media play with people’s relationship. They play with people’s marriages. A lot of  untrue stories have been published about me. Rumours actually destroy marriages, not the actors, not their lifestyle. It destroyed my relationship. It takes a very strong man to stay with a successful woman, whether she is an artiste or not. I have been living on the negative bend of life for a long time,” she added.

“You never have a second chance to relive an experience, but when you have them all written down, they become your memory bank,” said the actress. And for her charity works, “The Wannabe” actress, who revealed she frequents orphanages behind the camera,  also said, “I have distributed over 1,000  copies of notepads as charity to secondary school students. And we have been doing it for the past two years since I became UN Peace Ambassador.”

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top