Menu

AdSense1

 


A 36-year-old man allegedly assaulted his wife after the woman discovered underwear that did not belong to her in their wardrobe.

Regis Sithole appeared before Western Commonage magistrate Tancy Dube facing the charges of physical abuse as defined by Section 4(1) of the Criminal Law and (Codification and Reform) Act. He pleaded not guilty to the charge and was remanded in custody to December 29.

Sithole, in his defence, told the court that it was just a misunderstanding between him and his wife though he denied stabbing her using a garden fork.

"I only slapped her once and then she picked up a garden fork to fight me back, but I managed to wrest it away from her," he said.

"I was trying to defend myself from her attack."

Prosecutor Kenneth Shava told the court that Sithole's wife Junior Ziwewe went to town around 3pm and when she returned she saw a lady's pair of underwear inside their wardrobe which did not belong to her.

"I left home in the afternoon to town and came back late," she said. "Upon my arrival, I discovered women's underwear in my wardrobe that did not belong to me and I went on to ask my husband about that."

Upon being questioned, Sithole became furious and dumped the offending article of clothing in a bin without saying a word, while his wife followed him shouting to draw the neighbours' attention.

"As we went outside, he slapped me saying I must not ask him anything since he is a grown man," she continued. "As if a slap was not enough, he proceeded to the garden and attempted to stab me with a garden fork, but I dogged and he bruised my arm."

The wife escaped the scene and reported the matter to the police, leading to her husband's arrest. 


Source: Southern Eye

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top